James Perone - Experience:
- University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio, August 1994 -
- Assistant Professor of Music, 1994-2000.
- Associate Professor of Music, 2000-2006.
- Professor of Music, 2006-present
- Margaret Morgan Ramsey Professor in Music, 2009-present
- Associate Dean of the Faculty, 2013-present
- Theory I, II, III, and IV (freshman and sophomore
- Basic Musicianship Skills I, II, III, and IV (freshman
- Vernacular Music and the Vietnam Conflict.
- Woodwind Methods.
- Music in America.
- Introduction to Music.
- Clarinet Ensemble.
- Special topics courses in American Studies and Gender
- Chairman of the Music Department (1996-2001, 2006-2009).
- Task Force on Academic Advising (1996-1998).
- Committee on Academic Policies (1997-2001).
- Faculty Personnel Committee (2001-2004, 2009-present).
- Faculty Representative to the Board of Trustees
- State University of New York at Buffalo, August 1993 - May
- Visiting Lecturer in Music Theory.
- Harmony and Counterpoint III and IV.
- Supervised two teaching assistants who handled the
and keyboard component of the course.
- Villa Maria College, Buffalo, New York, September 1992 - June
- Instructor of Flute, Clarinet and Saxophone.
- Kenmore/Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District,
New York. September 1991 - June 1994.
- Adult Education Instructor.
- Designed and taught an eight-hour Music Appreciation
- Canisius College, Buffalo, New York, July 1988 - June 1994.
- Adjunct Professor of Music.
- Masterpieces of Music
- Music of the Classical Period
- Nineteenth Century Music
- Twentieth Century Music
- Fundamentals of Music
- Independent Study
- Saxophone, Flute, and Clarinet Instruction
- Canisius College, Buffalo, New York, July 1988 - June 1991.
- Assistant to the Dean of Arts and Sciences for Cultural
- Administration of the "Buffalo Philharmonic Goes to
College" concert series
- Supervision of the "Mid-day Musicales" concert series
- Chairmanship of the Department of Music
- State University of New York at Buffalo, September 1987 - July
- Lecturer in Music for the Department of Music
- Introduction to Graduate Theory; Music and Society.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, September 1986 -
- Lecturer in Music for Black Mountain College II.
- Popular Music of the 1960s
- Music and Society.
- University of New York State at Buffalo, September 1983 - May
- Teaching Assistant in Music Theory.
- Aural Perception I, II, III, and IV
- Form and Analysis
- Introduction to Graduate Theory.
- Western New York Institute for the Arts in Education, August
- July 1988.
- Teaching Artist in Music.
- Aesthetic education in Buffalo, New York area
and secondary schools.
Other Private and Group Instrumental Teaching Experience:
- Mount Union College Preparatory Division. 1994 - 2007.
- Community Music School. Buffalo, New York, July 1992 - July
- U-Crest Music Center. Cheektowaga, New York, August 1984 -
- Williams' Music. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, 1978 - 1980.
- Nelson's Music. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, 1978 - 1980.
- Capital University Preparatory Division. Columbus, Ohio, 1977
Return to James Perone's Home Page.
Link to James Perone's Solo Repertoire